Monday, March 24, 2014

Growing Up Sucks

I have come to the decision, that growing up sucks. It may have taken awhile to reach this conclusion, but there it is. After arguing with the electric company about how much I was being charged for power, I realized how much easier life was when my Mom and Dad paid for everything. All I had to worry about was making sure I ate (the free food)!

That being said, I love my life as it is now. I have a boy of my own, awife who loves me and two German Shepards, who I'm pretty sure make it thier goal in life to cause me a heart attack or other health issue. While having to pay all my moneys to company's for electric and phone and cars isn't the preferred expenditure, it makes the life I love so much more enjoyable. I remember when I moved to California, and got to the barracks, it was such an interesting feeling not being held to making up my bed. Eating what i wanted to eat and staying up as late as my eyes would let me. ***Disclaimer*** I do not recommend staying up as late a physically possible, the side effects are not good!

Complaining is an interesting idea, we as people complain about anything we dont like, but seldomly do we think about why we are complaining in the first place. In my example above I hate paying the electric bill/think it's way to high. But, I do enjoy very much the benifits form having said issue (lights/heat etc). I suppose complaints are my way to protest something inevitable or required, at least when it comes to things I am not a fan of.

Another source of complaints in my house, dirive from actual work, the chores, the small job fixes in the house. I didnt know so much stuff broke so often in a home! I call shenanigans. At least for me, I hate starting a work project, I found myself powerwashing the back deck this weekend, and did not want to, though after a few miniutes of washing, i washed the backside of the house, and cleaned most of the backyard. I should mention my backyard is somewhat of a storage area for the projects I didnt want to finish.

All said, growing up does suck, but its also really fun and adventurous. I think I will commit to complaining less about the small stuff. Heck its Monday, there are much more important things to complain about.

Hope today is a good one!
austininva

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pooptine Chapel

Once upon a time, I went to work. I do this most days, its a thing. Well the funny thing about this day in particular was it began with m...