Friday, February 27, 2015

1 Road Cleared... 1 City to Go

It snowed! While in some parts of the world that may not be a big deal, here in the Olde Dominion's neighborhood its a pretty massive deal. I am pretty sure the city shuts down when it occurs and the  whole fleet of snow plows gets to work... (all three of them.) The plows have so much to get to that my street is never plowed, and there is a nice sharp turn that when you drive down the street whens its icy or snow covered it makes the car swerve. Now maybe this is because I like driving like a madman when its bad weather outside, or because its just a dangerous curve. I am going to stick with the dangerous story, because it makes me look better.

The whole point of this post is this, today I did a good deed. My scoutmasters would be proud, I shoveled my whole street and the intersection at the end. If God works on a pay it forward scale, then I am pretty sure I just maxed out on brownie points. All jokes aside, I would like to think that I will save a life by my efforts, but even if the most I have done is to make the 300ft of someone drive to work less danger filled, then I suppose that is worth it.

So here is my challenge to you! Go out and do a good deed today! It doesn't have to be as big as plowing your street or world peace, but hold the door open for the old man, help the woman with all the bags on the bus kinda thing. Who knows maybe you can max out your God brownie points as well.

So with blisters on my hands, I hope today's a good one!

austininva

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pooptine Chapel

Once upon a time, I went to work. I do this most days, its a thing. Well the funny thing about this day in particular was it began with m...