Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Tale of the Bucket of Water



Growing up siblings exist to torment each other. We are constantly looking for a way to embarrass, whack or injure, (not seriously of course.)  This day in particular my sister Emily and I had the idea of the century; we would pour water over the top of the shower onto the next person to shower. Our victim happened to be Molly, who was ordered that Friday night to go and shower and get ready for some event she was going to that next day. Waiting patiently for her to be in the middle of the shower Emily and I filled up a massive tub with water from the outside hose, Emily ran to get an ice tray or two from the freezer. Unless the water was ice cold, it wasn’t worth the trip. We carried the bucket inside, all 20 gallons.

This is where Emily either grew a conscience or thought this plan was to mean. Most likely though, she thought she may get in trouble, and bailed on me. I was left with a decision, continue or pour the water back outside. I was too far committed to this plot to back out. I carried the bucket alone. On reaching the bathroom, I realized I couldn’t hold the 20 gallons over my head long enough to pour it, so closing my eyes I ripped back the shower curtain and sloshed the full 20 gallons of ice cold water at my sister. I dropped the bucket and ran, slamming the door behind me.

In a few minutes I was summed to the living room where my Dad, asked me how the water got all over the floor of the bathroom. Apparently when I closed my eyes only half of the water actually hit my intended target, the rest found its way to the floor of the bath room. Needless to say I was punished twice. Firstly for pouring ice cold water on Molly, secondly for destroying the bathroom floor. (Apparently the water made the Linoleum peel up off the subfloor.)

Water is fun, we swim in it, we play in it and it’s what keeps all life on the planet going. But mostly it’s just fun, just be careful in your choices of who to engage with it. As my Dad in yesterdays post, and myself in today's found out, it may backfire faster than you intend.

Hope today’s a good one,
austininva

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pooptine Chapel

Once upon a time, I went to work. I do this most days, its a thing. Well the funny thing about this day in particular was it began with m...