Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Birthday Snow and Back to Basics

Happy Birthday snow!.... As much as I like presents I was more than ready to say goodbye to winter this year, but i suppose winter was not quite ready to say goodbye to us here in VA.

                                                 *********Daily word of Wisdom***********
When you live somewhere it snows, always own and know where your snow scraper is. It is important.
                                                 *************************************

I learned yet again scraping snow of your window-shield with your credit card sucks so bad. You would think I'd have figured this out by now. While I am employed by the Navy, recently I have been struck by the idea of living closer to nature, growing some of my family's own food in a garden, owning some land somewhere, perhaps chickens and some sheep. I stumbled on this man on Youtube, Wranglerstar, (the link is to a webinar he held last night) this man is quite inspiring to the ambitions I have been pondering.

He makes very strong cases for living a simpler life, and to be frank, some days i think just splitting wood for a few hours would be a nice change. That would be a much better vice than computer games for sure. He made a comment that living simpler is better for the Christian walk. Instead of living in a world that is made to glorify Man, you live in a world where you see the works of God daily. I am paraphrasing a comment Wranglerstar made last night, but it really struck home with me. I do believe that our modern society, and historical ones too, make life about things that make man look better. Now in moderation there is nothing wrong with building a life that shows what man is capable of, but I find Mankind takes this to a level of insanity. Living without electricity may be taking it to far, but living simply and growing some food has to remind you of the fragility of Man and the greatness of God.

Just a quick thought, but one I have been thinking of alot.

Hope todays a good one,
austininva

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pooptine Chapel

Once upon a time, I went to work. I do this most days, its a thing. Well the funny thing about this day in particular was it began with m...